Webinar: Self-Care During The Storm:Eating Disorders Harm Reduction Practices
Time & Location
About The Event
Self Care During The Storm: Eating Disorder Harm Reduction Practices
Monday March 2nd
5:30 PM PST - $15-$25
There are 5 free spots reserved for folks with financial barriers. First come first serve
"We know that if recovery is ever going to happen, we have to keep people alive".
Mark Tyndall Epidemiologist, physician and public health expert
Eating disorders are complex conditions. With the many barriers to professional care and the stigma associated with eating disorders, vulnerable members of our community further isolate and fall deeper into their eating disorder. What if there was a compassionate model of harm reduction that is not judgmental and inclusive to everyone's journey? Join Gloria as she adopts harm reduction models for eating disorders. In this talk, Gloria will discuss actionable self-care steps for individuals who are going “through it" to help reduce harm and alleviate symptoms associated with eating disorders.
Webinar will be recorded and will be emailed to participants. Webinar may require some participation.
What is Harm Reduction?
Policies, programs, and practices that aim primarily to reduce the adverse negative health, social and economic consequences of health behaviors without necessarily extinguishing the problematic health behaviors completely.
What is Eating Disorder Harm Reduction (EDHR)?
Abstinence from eating disorders (ED) behaviours may not always attainable, particularly for those that lack resources and support. EDHR is a grassroots compassionate model of care consisting of practical strategies and ideas aimed at reducing long-term health consequences associated with eds and ed SYMPTOM management.
Eating Disorder Harm Reduction:
- Does not intend to encourage an eating disorder
- meets people where they are at
- is non-JUDGMENTAL
- supports any positive change as recovery
- gives people struggling with eating disorders a voice
What Are the Benefits of EDHR?
- May help reduce anxiety and depression
- Helps reduce stigma and build community
- Can improve provider-patient relationships and clinical care outcomes
- Can help reduce suicide rates
- It saves lives!
Who Should Participate In The Webinar?
- Folks affected by eating disorders
- individuals & Caregivers wanting to support loved ones who are struggling
- anyone interested in harm reduction
presentation is for mature audience
What Can I Expect To Learn?
- Harm Reduction Overview
- Harm Reduction Methods for different eating disoders but mainly, bulimia
- Dental/Oral Care
- Gastrointestinal Care
- Supplement Suggestions
- Tips on Self Advocacy in Medical Settings
Meeting is held via Zoom. Zoom link will be sent as soon as person purchases ticket. No refunds available.
- Reseved For Low-Income Folks$0$00$0
- Nalgona Pride$15$15Sold Out
- Fupation Nation$20$200$0
- Fat Cats Rule!$25$250$0