Eating Disorders Harm Reduction Discounted Rate Access
Time & Location
About The Event
Attention: This webinar will no longer be in live format but split up in smaller fragments in our e-course. All folks that register before Monday April 5th will gain access to e-course at a discounted rate. All recordings will be uploaded by mid May and can be viewed at self-pace. Once registered we will email you a link and code for e-course access. Gradually recordings will be added to platform and we will send email notifications when segments have been uploaded. Part 1 recording will also be included in e-course platform. After April 5th, e-course rate will increase. Smaller segments will consist of:
- Warning signs of when you are having a medical emergency
- Dental care
- Gastrointestinal Care
- Common personality traits of people with eating disorders
- Vomit harm reduction
- What are the differences and commonalities of EDHR and clinical eating disorder treatment
ATTN: This webinar was designed for community members and single providers. Recording cannot be used for organizations training purposes. Please inquire for our group rates via email@example.com
"We know that if recovery is ever going to happen, we have to keep people alive".
Mark Tyndall Epidemiologist, physician and public health expert
Eating disorders are complex conditions. With the many barriers to professional care and the stigma associated with eating disorders, vulnerable members of our community further isolate and fall deeper into their eating disorder. What if there was a compassionate model of harm reduction that is not judgmental and inclusive to everyone's journey? Join Gloria as she adopts harm reduction models for eating disorders. In this talk, Gloria will discuss actionable self-care steps for individuals who are going “through it" to help reduce harm and reduce symptoms associated with eating disorders.
What is Harm Reduction?
Policies, programs, and practices that aim primarily to reduce the adverse negative health, social and economic consequences of health behaviors without necessarily extinguishing the problematic health behaviors completely.
What is Eating Disorder Harm Reduction (EDHR)?
Eating disorder harm reduction is a compassionate community-based model of care consisting of practical strategies to manage symptons and reduce long-term health consequences.
Eating Disorder Harm Reduction:
- Does not intend to encourage an eating disorder
- Meets people where they are at
- Is non-judgemental
- Supports positive changes as recovery
- Gives people struggling with eating disorders a voice
What Are the Benefits of EDHR?
- May help reduce anxiety and depression
- Helps reduce stigma and build community
- Introduces self-care
- Can improve provider-patient relationship and clinical care outcomes
- Provides support to those that lack access to care
- Can improve quality of life
- Can help reduce suicide rates
- It can help save lives!
Who Should Participate In The Webinar?
- Folks currently struggling with an eating disorder or have eating disorder history
- Individuals and caregivers wanting to support loved ones who are struggling
- Eating disorders and mental health providers
- Anyone interested in harm reduction
*webinar is for mature audience
What Can I Expect To Learn?
- Harm Reduction Overview
- Harm Reduction Methods for different eating disoders but mainly, bulimia
- Dental/Oral Care
- Gastrointestinal Care
- Supplement Suggestions
- Tips on Self Advocacy in Medical Settings
- For Professionals$75$750$0
- For Community Members Tier 2$35$350$0
- Reserved 4 Folks W. Financial$10$100$0
- Sold OutEarly Bird$15$150$0